Joint Statement: Rohingya Condemn Assassination of U Ko Ni and Call for Urgent investigation
Date 30th January 2017
We, the undersigned Rohingya organisations worldwide strongly condemn the assassination of U Ko Ni, 65, a high profile Muslim leader and legal advisor of NLD on Sunday 29, 2017 upon arrival atYangoninternational airport from his official tour to examine the Indonesian model of interfaith.
U Ko Ni, a 1988 activist, was well known inMyanmaras a sincere, honorable, dedicated and patriotic man. He was the founder ofMyanmar's Muslim lawyers Association and had contributed the nation with his expertise in law. He was a strong advocate for peace, interfaith dialogue and harmony in the country. It is an irreparable loss for the nation.
Press Release: ARNO Rejects Government’s Investigation Commission
3 December 2016
Arakan Rohingya National Organisation (ARNO) is strongly opposed to the government’s pretension and lack of honesty, and rejects the 13-member investigation commission formed on 1 December, inter alia, for the following reasons:
1. The military and police crackdown on innocent Rohingya civilian population in Northern Arakan since 9 October is state sponsored. It has been carried out with manifest intention of destroying the Rohingya minority community. Not only Myanmar military top brass but also the State Counsellor Aung San Suu Kyi is morally, officially and wickedly responsible for it.
Press release: UN intervention is the only viable solution in Rohingya situation
28 November 2016
Press Release: Rohingya are being destroyed, ‘full security and protection’ most urgent
Joint Statement: The urgency of the current humanitarian situation in Northern Arakan
Date: October 21, 2016
After attacks on police posts, on 9 October, allegedly by unknown Rohingya fighters, Myanmar authorities have disproportionally militarized Northern Arakan/Rakhine state raising a false alarm and creating human tragedies aim at destroying the Rohingya population.
- Save Rohingya from annihilation
- Press Release: Rohingya civilians under attacks, demand urgent protection
- Press release: ARNO cautiously welcomes the Annan Commission on Arakan
- Press Release: Statement of ARNO on Daw Aung San Suu Kyi’s 21st Century Panglong Convention
- Press Release: NLD government Must Protect Rohingya People
- ARNO condemns the shameful lies of the Sn. Gen. Min Aung Hlaing
- Support justice for the Rohingya at the ICC
- Press Release: UN Commission of Inquiry Most Urgent
- Joint statement: Criminal Atrocities Increased Against Rohingya for Rejecting Green Card
- Declaration of the 2nd European Rohingya Conference