Joint Statement on the Official Report of the Rakhine (Arakan) Investigation Commission
Date: May 4, 2013
We the undersigned organizations reject the 186-page official report dated 22 April 2013 of the Arakan Investigation Commission as follows:
- The Rakhine Investigation Commission formed on 17 August 2012 by President Thein Sein included representatives from various religious and political parties and democracy groups except Rohingya representatives, who have been actual and potential victims of deadly violence and genocidal attacks. Haji U Nyunt Maung Shein and U Tin Maung Than, the two prominent Muslim leaders were purged from the Commission seeing that they were most insistent on the truth.
Press Release: Rebuttal to Eleven Media false report
Date: May 6, 2013
Our attention has been drawn to the news item appeared in Eleven Media, Yangon, dated 05/05/2013 under caption, “ Three Rohingya organizations are reportedly masterminding a religious war against Myanmar” accusing that “Rohingya Solidarity Organization (RSO), Arakan Rohingya National Organization (ARNO), and Rohingya National Security Council (RNSC) are reportedly supporting and manipulating the plot. Their members have already collected weapons for the war. The Muslim living in Myanmar, especially hardcore members are campaigning for enlisting for their conspiracy……”
Cyclone Mahasen misses Burma, bringing relief to displaced Rohingyas
Press Release: STOP ROHINGYA ETHNOCIDE
(28 April 2013)
We condemn the police shooting, on 26 April 2013, of a group of Rohingya children for their peaceful protest chanting “Rohingya, Rohingya” when hostile operational team consisting of immigration, military, NaSaKa, police and village administrators came to Thet Kay Byin village near Ba Du Pha Rohingya displacement camp in Arakan’s capital Sittwe (Akyab), to perform the current operation forcing the Rohingya to register as “Bengali” for the census. A 15 year old boy namely Mohammad Ali S/o Kabir Ahmed of Thet Kay Bin was injured in the shooting and is now taking treatment in a private clinic.
Press Release: UN Intervention and Commission of Inquiry Most Urgent
Arakan Rohingya National Organisation (ARNO) welcomes the 153-page report of the Human Rights Watch (HRW) dated 22 April 2013 which titled “ ‘All You Can Do is Pray’: Crimes Against Humanity and Ethnic Cleansing of Rohingya Muslims in Burma’s Arakan State” .
In its report, HRW has said that crimes against humanity have been committed by the Burmese authorities and Rakhine Buddhist groups in a campaign of ethnic cleansing against Rohingya Muslims in Burma’s Arakan State.
- Six Burmese, including four kids, rotting in Amritsar jail
- Pan-Muslim body urges Myanmar to allow OIC delegation
- Asylum seekers mark new year with hunger strike
- Is the Burmese Military Keeping Rohingya Women As Sex Slaves?
- Muslims protest in Delhi against Rohingyas killings
- ARNO deny support to Long March
- ARNO condemns the burning of photos in protest rally in Bangkok
- Myanmar 'Violates International Laws' over Rohingya Treatment
- Pakistan rally condemns Rohingya killings
- PRESS RELEASE: Statement of ARNO on the news item appeared in Daily Independent, Dhaka, Bangladesh on 6 Aril 2013