It’s Neo-Nazi Racism, Stupid!
Dr. Habib Siddiqui
In his book - Worse Than War - Daniel Jonah Goldhagen says that during mass murders, the murderers themselves, their supporters and those who wish to stand idly by practice linguistic camouflage. And this has been the case with the apartheid regime in Myanmar when it comes to its national project towards exterminating or purging out the Rohingyas.
UN Special Rapporteur on Human Rights visits Maungdaw
UN Special Rapporteur on Human Rights Mr Tomas Ojea Quintana visited Burma from July 30 for four days accompanied by other members visited Maungdaw Township, Arakan today (July 31), at about 1:30 pm by three Helicopters, according to an elder from Maungdaw.
Indonesia ready to fight for Rohingya
In his first official statement regarding the prolonged communal violence in western Myanmar between Rakhine Buddhists and Rohingya Muslims, Foreign Minister Marty Natalegawa said that Indonesia would raise the problem at the Extraordinary Summit of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) in Mecca, Saudi Arabia, scheduled for mid-August.
Welcoming UN Special Rapporteur Tomas Quintana with made-up preparations | Nay San Lwin
UN Special Rapporteur on Human Rights Mr Tomas Ojea Quintana will be visiting Burma from today for four days. Quintana will visit Arakan for one day as described in the recent statement of Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR).
Burma: UN calls for inquiry over Rakhine violence
UN human rights chief Navi Pillay has called for an independent investigation following claims of abuses by security forces in Burma's Rakhine state.
Ms Pillay said forces sent to quash violence in the northern state were reported to be targeting Muslims.
- Burma's Rohingya: The Human Story
- Myanmar: Abuses against Rohingya erode human rights progress
- OIC leads global campaign to protect Rohingya Muslims
- Rohingya Muslims face starvation
- Myanmar citizenship for Rohingya will end killings – Eva Kusuma Sundari
- The OIC expresses grave concern over the situation of Myanmar Rohingya Muslims
- Impending humanitarian crisis in western Myanmar
- Western Burma in Conflict: Rights, Reconciliation, and the Rohingya
- ISNA Calls for Human Rights for Rohingya Muslims in Myanmar
- Burma 'creating humanitarian crisis' with displacement camps in Arakan